Thursday, January 04, 2007

Divorce

Divorce


What a nasty word, huh? I'm going to share with the world what that I'm going through and perhaps this will give someone pause who may be rushing headlong into something wrong.


I fell into the trap of "God, why can't I find someone?" I was hanging around a married couple from church plus 3 other couples I knew had gotten married and I felt like odd man out!


There was one girl I knew that I always wanted to date, but I never could find the nerve to ask her out. This girl was a Christian girl who was faithful to church, she sang solo specials at church-well, you get the idea! For some reason the words never would get out of my mouth, lol!!! I've always felt that she would have went out with me if I had asked her.


A friend of mine from church decided to introduce me to someone she knew of, but didn't know personally. One night in April of 1995 I met this person and I thought it was love at first sight! We talked and agreed to have a date later on that week; we wound up meeting each other at my church the following Wednesday night and had our official date on Thursday night. We kept seeing each other, I was assured she was THE ONE that God was going to bring into my life and one month and ten days after we met, we were married!


Early marital life was good in my mind, but looking back there were problems starting to exhibit themselves even back then including lying and stealing. I also feel pretty confident that adultery was happening already as a friend of mine says that she propositioned him one day when I wasn't home.


Everything started coming to a head about 5 years ago. For those of you who have read my blog before or know me, this was when I rededicated my life to Christ. She made the claim that she had did so as well, but as the Bible says "by their fruits you will know them." When a tree keeps producing bad fruit year after year, you know you have a problem, lol!!!!


I dealt with lie after lie, having money stolen from my wallet, my good dress clothes ruint with grease stains resulting in having to put a lock on the hallway closet door where I kept my clothes. I stuck it out for the sake of the kids, all the while begging God to move in the situation. I held on to Psalm 37 where that God spoke of making your innocence as clear as the dawn and the justice of your cause to be like the noonday sun.


Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. She was constantly going down to her mother's house to spend time and it came back to me via the grapevine that she was out doing the bar scene. When I confronted her with it, she didn't deny, said that she had been drinking and thought separation was best! She signed an agreement giving me full custody of the kids and so here I sit now soon to be a single Dad!


So when you're thinking of getting married, make sure that it is the right person! God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home