Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Something sounds fishy......

Last week a co-worker at work got this unannounced phone call saying that she had been recommended by a customer for another job with better wages, etc. All in all she decided something sounded fishy and didn't look into the position any further.


Today was a hectic day at work. Our manager was gone to a meeting, Pat (the co-worker in question) had to sit in on a broadcast and our other supervisor, Julie, was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to train a new person and get two other new employees set up in the system. That left me covering not only the floor but the catalog department as well. My day was going very stressful to say the least!!!!!! In the midst of waiting on a customer, two different people called wanting to know the status of their order and I had to explain that I was in the midst of waiting on a customer and it would be a few minutes. Then the phone rang again.......


This time a very pleasant sounding lady was on the other end, wishing to speak to our "men's dpt. mgr." which, of course, is me! I told her that she was speaking with him and then she asked was I over the children's department as well; I explained that I was indeed in charge of it as well. She told me how that a friend of hers (she gave me a name) was so pleased with the way I always helped her all of the time and that she had recommended me to her for a job with this company! She asked would I be interested in coming in for an interview and all of that jazz. I explained to her that I was not, that after being with JC Penney for almost 6 years I had put down pretty good roots and that the only thing that could lure me away was a job with the State of Missouri that I had applied and interviewed for. She wished me luck and then left me her name and phone number in case I changed my mind.


This is the almost exact same conversation Pat got last week! Earlier that day someone had called inquiring as to who the supervisors were and then she gets this phone call! I don't know and may not be the smartest crayon in the box, but something sounds funny!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home